Father Juan M. Lopez - Pastor
Jocelyn Zlatkin, Ed.S. - Principal
Preserving our Past, Embracing Our Present, While Teaching our Future
We are most happy to welcome you to Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School and our Website. All too often the home and the school are looked upon as two functioning entities separated by a student living within one community of faith. This Website was prepared to bridge this gap.
Estamos muy contentos de darle la bienvenida a la escuela catolica de San Pedro y San Pablo y a nuestro sitio web. Con demasiada frecuencia el hogar y la escuela son considerados como dos entidades que funcionan separadas por el estudiante que vive dentro de una comunidad de fe. Este sitio web fue preparado para llenar este vacío.
PCN Morning News
Come join our principal and see everything our school has to offer!
I write to you expressing my heartfelt gratitude for all your patience and prayers over the last several months. Although we all have more questions than answers, we are all working towards the same goal, to reunite for the academic year 2020-2021. This new school year will be different than what we have been accustomed to, but we are all facing the reality of a “new normal” together as a panther family.
In preparation for this new normal, during the summer months, we have created a Panther Back to School (PBS) team of teachers and staff to help with several tasks we faced. This team of faculty and staff is organized into 7 groups to address the current needs of our school. The groups have addressed and will continue to address the following in order to have a successful school year: Instructional Technology, Data Driven Curriculum Planning, Operations, Aftercare/Enrichment, FCC 3 year accreditation review, Health and Safety, and Communications. I want to thank all those faculty and staff who gave of their time and talents to get this school year started. I also want to thank all of you for taking the time to complete the Panthers Back to School Survey, this was a critical piece of data. With the survey data, we determined that 69% of our Panther students would be choosing the virtual school option and 31% would like to attend live classes. With that information, we continued to deploy our iPad 1 to 1 program and I am happy to report that our IT coordinator and our IT support company will have all devices ready for distribution by August 17th.
While we prepared for the three options we offered, the Archdiocese of Miami announced that Kindergarten to 12th grades will all be 100% virtual until at least September 18th and Pre-K will have a decision closer to the opening date. Sts. Peter and Paul school is prepared to serve our students in all capacities and look forward to all the new learning opportunities. Our mission continues to be strong for the 21st century and we will use it as our center with Christ in all aspects of the education we offer.
As a new school year is upon us, panther spirit and enthusiasm are all around! We all share the hope that this school year will bring outstanding achievement in education, in community spirit, and in affirming our faith in God and in one another. As you prepare for the upcoming school year, please know that our Panther Family will remain united in Christ as we enter this new academic year. I look forward to seeing all of you very soon virtually and during drive thru days.
Have a Blessed week,
Mrs. Zlatkin, Ed.S.
August 3, 2020
A new school year is quickly approaching, and I hope you are having a summer filled with many memories of adventures and blessings! As you begin thinking and planning for the upcoming weeks, I want you to have the following dates and activities in mind:
· August 3-7th – Administrative office opens from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
· August 10th – Teachers return to school @ 7:30 a.m. (Administrative office will be closed for the day)
· August 11th Administrative office reopens @ 9:00 a.m.
7:00 p.m. Parent meeting for grades Pre-K – 2nd Grade (virtual instructions will be emailed)
· August 12th - Administrative office opens at 7:30 a.m.
7:00p.m. Parent meeting for 3rd -8th grades(virtual instructions will be emailed)
· August 13th Administrative office opens
· August 14th Administrative office opens
Below are some important dates for the academic year:
· August 13 - Digital and Curriculum Subscriptions fees due on FACTS (previously books and consumables fees)
· August 17 – Curriculum materials will be distributed (instructions will be given at the parent meetings)
· August 18th Curriculum materials will be distributed (instructions will be given at the parent meetings)
· August 19th – 2020-2021 Academic year begins virtually for grades k-8th; Pre-K 3&4 will have a decision made closer to opening date.
· August 26th – Opening School Year mass (livestream)
· September 4th – First Friday school day ends at 1:00p.m.
· September 7th – Labor Day – No School
· September 9th – 4th Grade Penance (Tentative)
· September 11th Patriot Day Mass at 9:00 a.m. (livestream)
· September 12th – First Holy Communion at 9 and 11 a.m. (tentative)
· September 16th – Progress Report grades will be posted by 3:30 p.m.
· September 30th – Elementary National Honor Society Mass and induction 9:00a.m. (livestream)
· November 23-29 – Thanksgiving break
· December 18 – Christmas break begins @ 1:00 p.m.
· January 4, 2021 – All classes resume @ 8:00 a.m.
· February 9 – Confirmation @ 7:00 p.m.
· February 22-March 12th – Terra Nova Testing
· March 31st - Classes end @ 3:00 p.m. for Holy Week and Spring break
· April 12 – All classes resume @ 8:00 a.m.
· April 24 – 3rd grade communion (3-1 @ 9:00 a.m. & 3-2 @ 11:00 a.m.)
· June 9 – Last day of classes.
· June 9 – 8th grade graduation mass @ 7:00 p.m.